Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technical Trainer 4 –/Kirtland AFB, NM
Watermark Risk Management International has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Trainer 4 – Explosive Ordnance Disposal to provide dedicated advisory and assistance services (A&AS) support to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Nuclear Enterprise Support Directorate (J10), Nuclear Surety Division. The qualified candidate will provide strong nuclear weapons security expertise, and has thorough understanding of Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD). This position serves as the Contractor lead for analytical, administrative, programmatic, planning, and acquisition support to the overall nuclear weapons security program, with additional responsibility for administrative and oversight support to the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Steering Group for Nuclear Weapons chair.
In this role you will:
- Instruct on Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) at the Defense Nuclear Weapons School (DNWS)
- Instruct EOD tactics, technics and procedures (TTPs) for response to a nuclear weapons incident (stockpile weapons and components) and radiological response (improvised nuclear device (IND), radiological dispersal devices (RDD), etc.) via classroom presentations and field drills in residence and via mobile training team (MTT)
- Research, prepare, and deliver lesson plans that comply with National policy, DoD directives, technical manuals and best practices
- Serve as an EOD, nuclear weapons incident response and radiological response subject matter expert (SME)
- Mentor on instructional techniques and course management
- Evaluate current curriculum and identify the need for new or improved curriculum to include the planning, development, coordination and teaching of existing and new DNWS curriculum, both within and outside of DTRA
- Assist in the review of training provided by all agencies involved in render safe, stabilization and nuclear weapons incident response/radiological response community; develop new curriculum as needed
- Develop in-residence and Distant Learning courses at both the undergraduate and graduate level in support of the DNWS’ program to provide current and future U.S. Government workforce members with qualification in matters related to nuclear weapons, with special emphasis on EOD and radiological response
- 10+ years DoD/military experience in Explosive Ordnance Disposal with custodial EOD or Joint Technical Operations Team (JTOT) experience/10+ years civilian bomb technician with FBI Render Safe or Stabilization experience; graduate of NAVSCOLEOD/FBI Hazardous Devices School
- Active/current Top-Secret Clearance
- Previous instructional experience required; familiarity with technology-based training
- Knowledge of current issues, trends, and best practices in the EOD and nuclear weapons incident response community
- Knowledge of, a thorough understanding of, and demonstrated skill in, the fundamentals of instructional design, needs assessments, design analysis, training, presentation, and principles of instruction, curriculum development, exercise development and facilitation (FTX, TTX, etc.)
- Ability to conduct research in relevant areas and give subject matter expertise advice to instructor cadre
- Ability to plan, develop, evaluate, revise and conduct courses, and to advise other instructors on instructional matters
- Ability to apply policies and procedures consistently and correctly
- Ability to use initiative and resourcefulness in problem-solving
- Ability to work effectively with students, staff, and Interagency partners
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Experience with MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Experience in SharePoint a plus
Watermark Risk Management International, LLC is a security and risk management company with professionals who help government, public, and private clients understand and address the risks they face in every aspect of their business. We are a full-service risk management consultancy—from assessments to program and policy development, implementation planning, development of procedures, training and exercises, to quality assurance and program auditing, we can help. Our staff are experts in security operations and management; business continuity, resiliency and recovery; and business development and growth strategy. We’re proud of our people, and our reputation for quality, customer service, and value! We also recommend you ask around the industry. We are confident you will find that while we are a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), we are well and widely known with a reputation for performance few can match.
Position is full-time with full company benefits including employer 100% provided health coverage, as well as dental and vision coverage. 401K retirement with company contribution, life and disability insurance, paid holidays and vacation days.
WRMI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.