Systems Engineer – Washington, D.C.
Watermark Risk Management International has an exciting opportunity for a talented engineer to primarily provide systems engineering support to the Department of Homeland Security’s Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office in Washington DC. This position will help in fulfilling the agency’s mission to counter attempts by terrorists or other threat actors to carry out an attack against the United States or its interests using a weapon of mass destruction.
- Experience: Must possess five years’ experience in the appropriate specialty area, including one to three years acquisition experience
- Education: Master’s degree (technical degree preferred) with five years’ experience, or Bachelor’s degree (technical preferred) with ten years’ experience.
In this role you will:
- Under supervision perform a variety of systems engineering tasks that are broad in nature to support operational and technical requirements.
- Performs systems engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering, and customer specifications.
- Coordinates with subject matter experts to develop all technical planning including creation of work-breakdown-structures, integrated master plans and resource-loaded integrated master schedules.
- Develop tailoring plans for execution of programs.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts to perform technical assessments of various technologies.
- Coordinate with end-item users to identify mission needs and develop recommendations for material and non-material solutions.
- Decompose and derive requirements from identified mission needs.
- Perform boundary analysis to identify all interfaces and develop diagrams to identify critical interfaces. Utilize boundary analysis to derive and document all interface requirements.
- Manage requirements database to ensure no unauthorized changes are made to requirements.
- Analyze projects to identify risks and develop risk mitigation strategies to reduce risk levels to acceptable levels.
- Develop configuration management plans to establish configuration baselines, create change requests packages and perform status accounting and auditing of fielded configurations.
- Coordinate with test personnel to identify verification and validation plans to satisfy all project requirements.
- Manage all technical data required to develop and field solutions to meet end user needs.
- Five to ten years of engineering and operations support (logistics/maintenance) experience
- Additional experience in any of the following areas:
- Radiological and nuclear detection
- Project management
- Configuration management
- Requirements engineering
- Data analytics
- Modeling & Simulation
- Test & Evaluation support
- Understanding of cost, schedule, performance
- Understanding of life cycle engineering / sustainment
Watermark Risk Management International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.Apply for this job