Training and Education
Training, education, and follow up are the most effective way to drive change. Watermark designs and delivers excellent training and education programs, making a measurable difference. Dr. Jennifer Hesterman (as seen in photo) is Watermark’s Vice President of Education and Training. She has extensive experience in instruction design, development, instruction, training and academic accreditation. A former colonel in the US Air Force, Dr. Hesterman designs and instructs graduate-level security courses for the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency on one of Watermark’s contracts, and also teaches at the Department of Defense. She is an expert in soft target hardening, international and domestic terrorist organizations, transnational threats, organized crime and the terrorist and criminal exploitation of the Internet. Additionally, Dr. Hesterman advises the Homeland Security Training Institute at the College of DuPage in Chicago, the Crisis Response Journal, and three Department of Homeland Security Centers of Excellence.
Most of Watermark’s staff have advanced degrees and deep experience in education and training. We also faculty experience at several major colleges and universities, and have developed and delivered training programs on topics ranging from active shooter response to security program evaluation to crisis leadership.
At Watermark, we seek to impart knowledge and understanding of the current and emergent security environments. We deliver basic and advanced training and professional development solutions designed to suit academic and training needs. From classroom instruction to virtual course development, our pool of professionals apply effective methodologies to develop and achieve optimal teaching goals.
Our services include:
- Security Program Development Training
- Biosecurity Training and Education
- Exercise Design, Planning, and Training
- Risk Management Training
- Instructional System Design (ISD)
- E-Learning Development
- Curriculum Assessment and Development
- Training Needs Analysis
- Security as an Integral Part of DoD Programs
- Organizational Considerations in Applying Security within the Federal and DoD Bureaucracy
- Understanding Adversaries and Threats to the United States and the DoD
- Budgeting and Financial Management for Security Programs
- Human Resource Management for DoD Security
- Managing a DoD Installation Security Program
- Research Methods, Data Analysis, and Reporting to Support DoD Security Programs
- Assessment and Evaluation of DoD Security Programs
- The Future of Security Systems and Cybersecurity
- Leadership in DoD Security
- Effective Communication in DoD Security
- Security in the DoD Acquisition Process
- Cybersecurity and Oversight of Information System Security
- Statutory, Legal, and Regulatory Basis of DoD Security Programs
- Risk Management Project and Advanced Studies
- Analytical Risk Management (ARM) Theory and Implementation
- Integrated Defense Risk Management Process
Over the years, we have taught thousands of hours, spanning key professional and educational requirements. Our instructors and higher education faculty members share a passion for imparting their knowledge. We provide tailored training and instruction for customers.